Your UTORid and password give you access to online services like email, ACORN, portal, library services, campus wireless network and others, and it’s the same as your JOINid, which you’ve received in previous communications.
To activate your UTORid:
- Go to www.utorid.utoronto.ca and follow the First Time Users ‘activate your UTORid’ link.
- Enter your JOINid + Secret Activation Key.
- Set up your UTmail+ email address*.
- Set up your UTORid password reset and account management options.
*Once you activate your UTORid and set up your email, all future emails will go to your UTmail+ email address.
For new students, you require a Secret Activation Key in order to activate your UTORid. This Secret Activation Key was sent to you by email** during your identity verification appointment with a TCard staff member, or it was provided to you by another authorized U of T staff member.
For new faculty and staff, your UTORid and Secret Activation Key can be found on the online services letter provided to you by Human Resources.
Others should go to UTORid Creation.
**Information about the email to Activate your UTORid:
- The email is coming from a UofT email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The subject line will be “Activate your U of T UTORid”
- If your JOINid has stopped working AND you have not received this email, check your junk or promotions folder
- The email contains a “SAK”, Secret Activation Key, and a link to activate your UTORid.
- Once you receive this email, access with your JOINid will no longer work
For additional help, contact the University of Toronto Help Desk:
Downtown Toronto (St. George) Campus – Information Commons Help Desk
Mississauga Campus – Information & Instructional Technology Services Help Desk
Scarborough Campus – Information & Instructional Technology Services Help Desk