Your UTORid and password give you access to online services like email, ACORN, portal, library services, campus wireless network and others, and it’s the same as your JOINid, which you’ve received in previous communications.
To activate your UTORid:
- Go to www.utorid.utoronto.ca and follow the First Time Users ‘activate your UTORid’ link.
- Enter your JOINid + Secret Activation Key.
- Set up your UTmail+ email address*.
- Set up your UTORid password reset and account management options.
*Important: Once you activate your UTmail+, it will replace the current email address you have in the U of T record system, and all new university communications will automatically be sent to your new U of T email address.
New students: you require a Secret Activation Key (SAK) in order to activate your UTORid. This SAK would have been sent to you by email** during your identity verification appointment with a TCard staff member, or was provided to you by your registrar or another authorized U of T staff member. Visit tcard.utoronto.ca to learn more about what a UTORid is and how to get one + your SAK.
New faculty and staff: your UTORid and Secret Activation Key can be found on the online services letter provided to you by Human Resources.
Others: should go to UTORid Creation.
If you don’t know your Secret Activation Key or need help activating your UTORid, please contact the Help Desk on your campus.
**Information about the email to Activate your UTORid:
- The email will come from a UofT email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The subject line will be “Activate your U of T UTORid”
- If your JOINid has stopped working AND you have not received this email, check your junk or promotions folder
- The email contains a “SAK”, Secret Activation Key, and a link to activate your UTORid.
- Once you receive this email, access to systems using your JOINid and its associated password will no longer work.