Use the documentation tool to determine the identity and legal status documentation you’ll need to get your UTORid and/or TCard. The documentation required will depend on who you are, and whether this is your first UTORid and TCard.
Your documentation must be unexpired and original (digital or photocopies are not accepted).
The name displayed on your identity/legal status documentation must exactly match the official name in the University’s record systems (e.g. ACORN, HRIS).
You may want to check your name and legal status in ACORN for accuracy before submitting your photo and documentation.
If it’s not accurate, or you need to change the first or last name listed in the University’s system (ACORN/HRIS), contact your registrar or business officer before completing the UTORid & TCard process.
Why we verify your identity and legal status
To obtain a UTORid & TCard, your identity must be verified to:
- support safety, security and identity management at the University
- ensure your record in our official systems is accurate
To begin studies at the University of Toronto, your legal status (e.g. Canadian, permanent resident, international) must be verified to:
- meet the reporting requirements of the Ministry of Colleges and Universities and Immigration Canada
- ensure you’re paying the correct tuition fees
Instructions to get your UTORid & TCard for other audiences
Get a service animal indicator sticker
To request a service animal indicator for your TCard:
- Contact Accessibility Services if you’re a student.
- Contact Health & Well-Being Programs & Services if you’re staff or faculty.
For additional information, please visit the University of Toronto AODA Office website.