All University buildings are closed as of March 17, 2020 to the general public.
All TCard Office locations are closed.
Can I Get a TCard or UTORID During the University Building Closure?
- During the University building closure, TCard Services is not issuing TCards.
- To activate your UTORid (Which is your key to online resources including Quercus and UTMail+), newly admitted student should:
Newly Admitted Students Starting in Fall 2020:
- Step 1: Submit a photo via MyPhoto, and once the photo is approved, you can move to Step 2.
- Step 2: Set up an appointment with a TCard Staff via CLNx to verify your identity, approve your photo and activate your UTORid and UTmail+.
- At the appointment you will:
- Bonus: Submit a photo using the MyPhoto system before August 21st and get a $15 Bookstore gift card + free shipping in Canada. Visit the Bookstore website for terms and conditions.
How Can I Pick Up My TCard Once University Buildings Reopens/I Am On Campus?
- Once the University buildings re-opens, students will be able to pick up their TCard in person, either at the TCard Office or a designated card pick up location (For those who submit photos via MyPhoto).
- Identity/Legal status documentation is required before a TCard can be issued.
- A TCard cannot be issued unless your documentation matches your legal status in ACORN.
- Visit How to Get Your First TCard for more details on getting your first TCard.
- If your require a TCard during the University closure, please email TCard Services.
For Contractors, Temporary Staff/Faculty & Visiting Professors:
- If you fall into one of these categories and do not appear in HRIS, the department you are working for should apply for a Long-Term Guest UTORid and then submit the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lost Your TCard?
- Disable your lost TCard.
- You are still able to write an exam or midterm if you have lost your TCard.
- Be prepared to present government-issued ID or your passport. Your department/exam invigilator will advise you on what you need to do next.
- If you have any questions or concerns, contact your Registrar or department.
For Students Who Remain In Residence:
- If you lose your TCard, your residence will continue to provide access to food and rooms. Please contact your residence staff.
How To Contact Your Registrar Or Residence:
- For a complete contact list of all the residences.
- For a complete contact list of all the registrar office’s.
- We are responding to email and voicemail during the University closure and will do our best to respond within one business day.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Leave a voicemail at 416-946-8047
Students can log into ACORN (by using your JOINid/UTORid) to access many services, prior to receiving your TCard. If you were not previously issued a UTORid, you may reset or activate your JOINid here to enable course enrolment. If you activated your UTORid but forgot your password, you may reset the password here.
On this website, you’ll learn about
Getting Your First TCard – How to get your first TCard if you are a student, faculty/staff, or visitor
Using Your TCard– How you can use and load money on your TCard
Lost or Replacement TCard – How to get a replacement TCard and what to do if you find a lost TCard
What is a TCard?
Your TCard is your identification for academic purposes. It includes your photo, UTORid, student number (or personnel number, for staff and faculty) and a barcode. It provides access to services and facilities such as libraries, athletic facilities, exams, meal plans, online learning portal, printing services, and more.
TCard Services Offices
TCard Services Offices are located on all three Campuses:
Downtown Toronto (St. George) Campus
Our Contact us page contains information on how to reach each office.