All University buildings are closed as of March 17, 2020 to the general public.
All TCard Office locations are closed.
Please view the message from the University regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). For access to online course materials, please visit Quercus.
Can I Get A TCard or UTORID During The University Closure?
- Exceptional circumstances may be considered (with approval by manager). Information and requests can be made to email@example.com.
Students Starting In Fall 2020:
- Students who have accepted their U of T offer of admission will be able to obtain their UTORid (and U of T Email) starting June 1st.
- On June 1, 2020, newly admitted fall students can submit a photo online using the MyPhoto system. (This photo will be used for your TCard, when we re-open)
- Once a photo is submitted, students can schedule an online appointment with a TCard staff to verify your identity and obtain your UTORid activation passwords using Microsoft Teams video conferencing. To book an appointment, login to the CLNx (Career & Co-Curricular Learning Network) using the JOINid/UTORid and password provided to you at application/registration. CLNx appointment booking will be available for fall students, beginning on June 1st.
- As of June 1st, be sure you claim your Bookstore gift card:
At The Appointment, You Will:
- Be required to show your face via a webcam (for identity purposes).
- Show your valid physical/hard copy government-issued photo identification/documentation (no photocopies or pictures of ID will be accepted).
- Have your MyPhoto picture verified and approved.
- Be provided with UTORid activation instructions for access to online resources, including U of T email, once the verification is completed.
For Contractors, Temporary Staff/Faculty & Visiting Professors:
- If you fall into one of these categories and do not appear in HRIS, the department you are working for should apply for a Long-Term Guest UTORid and then submit the request to firstname.lastname@example.org
If You Have Lost Your TCard:
- Please view our website for more information on how to disable services on your lost TCard. If you have any other concerns about your lost TCard, please contact us at email@example.com.
- If you have a midterm or final exam scheduled and a TCard is required but you have lost it, you will still be able to write your test. Be prepared to present alternative Canadian Government-Issued Photo Identification or Passport, and your department/exam invigilator will advise you on what you need to do next.
If you have questions or concerns about this process, please contact your Registrar or department for additional information
For Students Who Remain In Residence:
- If you lose your TCard, your residence will continue to provide access to food and rooms. Please contact your residence staff.
How To Contact Your Registrar Or Residence:
- For a complete contact list of all the residences.
- For a complete contact list of all the registrar office’s.
Other Questions/Concerns During The Closure:
Email TCard staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also leave a voicemail at 416 946 8047 and we will do our best to respond to your message within 24 hours.
Coming soon: TCard online photo submission
TCard Services is in the process of implementing new software that allows students to submit their own photos online. A small group of students on the downtown campus have been invited to submit their photos to test the software this August, before it goes live to all students later this academic year, in the winter term
Students can log into ACORN (by using your JOINid/UTORid) to access many services, prior to receiving your TCard. If you were not previously issued a UTORid, you may reset or activate your JOINid here to enable course enrolment. If you activated your UTORid but forgot your password, you may reset the password here.
On this website, you’ll learn about
Getting Your First TCard – How to get your first TCard if you are a student, faculty/staff, or visitor
Using Your TCard– How you can use and load money on your TCard
Lost or Replacement TCard – How to get a replacement TCard and what to do if you find a lost TCard
What is a TCard?
Your TCard is your identification for academic purposes. It includes your photo, UTORid, student number (or personnel number, for staff and faculty) and a barcode. It provides access to services and facilities such as libraries, athletic facilities, exams, meal plans, online learning portal, printing services, and more.
TCard Services Offices
TCard Services Offices are located on all three Campuses:
Downtown Toronto (St. George) Campus
Our Contact us page contains information on how to reach each office.