If you’ve lost your TCard:
If your card is turned into our office, you will receive an email from us (to the registered email address in ROSI). Cards found on campus (including from Robarts Library) will usually reach our office within 5 business days, if handed in.
If you are not immediately replacing it:
1) Report it to the Library at 416-978-7694 or visit the circulation desk of any library.
2) If you have a meal plan or printing funds on your TCard for the St. George or Scarborough campuses, you can deactivate your TCard+ funds using the Online Meal Plan Management System (log in with your UTORid or click on Lost TCard). You can also report the loss to firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-978-1309. If you have a meal plan or printing funds on your TCard for the Mississauga campus and have a meal plan, then you can manage your account online by visiting the Mississauga Hospitality and Retail website or call (905) 569-4795.
Getting a replacement TCard:
In order to replace your TCard, you will need to visit any TCard office with your student number or UTORid, one piece of valid government-issued photo ID and the $20 replacement fee (debit or credit only). A new photo will be taken. Meal plan, library, building access, and athletic services will be active on your new card within 24 hours, or the Monday following a card replacement on Friday.
If you have deactivated your funds (TBucks or Meal Plan) and received a replacement TCard, your previous balance will automatically transfer to the new card and you can begin using it the following day. For the St. George or Scarborough campus, visit TCard+ for more information. For the Mississauga campus, visit the Hospitality and Retail Services website for more information.
Please note that once a replacement TCard has been issued, all previous TCards will be deactivated and cannot be reactivated.
Staff may obtain a replacement card at Robarts library or Koffler Student Services Centre.
Replacement due to damage:
You are responsible for the care of your TCard. If your card is damaged, you will be required to pay the $20 replacement fee (debit or credit only). Damage can include use of stickers, hole punching, significant wear on the card within a short period of time, damage to the mag stripe or image. A new photo will be taken. Meal plan, library, building access, and athletic services will be active on your new card within 24 hours, or the Monday following a card replacement on Friday.
A few tips on taking care of your TCard:
- Your TCard should be carried in your wallet, or another protective card carrier, away from other cards and vinyl windows.
- Do not carry your TCard in your pocket or in your bag unless it is in a non-vinyl protective case.
- The U of T Bookstore carries various protective I.D. lanyards available for purchase.
If you find a lost TCard:
Bring it to the TCard Services office in the Koffler Student Services building, or send it to the office via campus mail.
TCard Services will then:
- contact the cardholder
- save them from having to pay for a replacement
- eliminate the hassle of transferring cash value from one card to another
- ensure services associated with the card aren’t accessed by someone else
Visit our FAQ’s for additional information.