Lost Your TCard?
- You are still able to write an exam or midterm if you have lost your TCard.
- Be prepared to present government-issued ID or your passport. Your department/exam invigilator will advise you on what you need to do next. If you have any questions or concerns, contact your Registrar or department.
- If you need to replace a lost or damaged TCard, and you currently require it for on-campus access to buildings and services, follow the instructions in ‘Getting a Replacement TCard’, below.
Disabling Services On Your TCard:
If your card is turned into our office, you will receive an email from us (to the registered email address in ROSI).
If you are not immediately replacing it:
- Report it to the Library at 416-978-7694 or visit the circulation desk of any library.
- If you have a meal plan or printing funds on your TCard for the St. George or Scarborough campuses, you can deactivate your TCard+ funds using the Online Meal Plan Management System (log in with your UTORid or click on Lost TCard). You can also report the loss to firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-978-1309. If you have a meal plan or printing funds on your TCard for the Mississauga campus and have a meal plan, then you can manage your account online by visiting the Mississauga Hospitality and Retail website or call (905) 569-4795.
Getting A Replacement TCard:
If you need to replace a lost or damaged TCard, and you currently require it for on-campus access to buildings and services on St. George campus, you will be able to book an in-office appointment:
- Login to CLNx with your UTORid (if you are unable to login with your UTORid, email us at email@example.com)
- Select the appointment type: D) St. George in Person Appointment
At the appointment, you will need your student number or UTORid, one piece of valid government-issued photo ID and the $20 replacement fee (debit or credit only). A new photo will be taken. Meal plan, library, building access, and athletic services will be active on your new card within 24 hours, or the Monday following a card replacement on Friday.
If you have deactivated your funds (TBucks or Meal Plan) and received a replacement TCard, your previous balance will automatically transfer to the new card and you can begin using it the following day. For the St. George or Scarborough campus, visit TCard+ for more information.
Replacement Due To Damage:
You are responsible for the care of your TCard. If your card is damaged, you will be required to pay the $20 replacement fee (debit or credit only). Damage can include use of stickers, hole punching, significant wear on the card within a short period of time, damage to the magnetic stripe or image. A new photo will be taken. Meal plan, library, building access, and athletic services will be active on your new card within 24 hours, or the Monday following a card replacement on Friday.
A few tips on taking care of your TCard:
- Your TCard should be carried in your wallet, or another protective card carrier, away from other cards and vinyl windows.
- Do not carry your TCard in your pocket or in your bag unless it is in a non-vinyl protective case.
- The U of T Bookstore carries various protective I.D. lanyards available for purchase.
If You Find A Lost TCard:
TCard Services will then:
- Contact the cardholder.
- Save them from having to pay for a replacement.
- Eliminate the hassle of transferring cash value from one card to another.
- Ensure services associated with the card aren’t accessed by someone else.
For more information, please visit our FAQs.