If you’ve lost your TCard:
If your card is turned into our office, you will receive an email from us (to the registered email address in ROSI). Cards found on campus (including from Robarts Library) will usually reach our office within 5 business days, if handed in.
In order to replace your TCard, you will need to visit our office with your student number or UTORid, one piece of valid government-issued photo ID and the $20 replacement fee (debit or credit only). A new photo will be taken. Meal plan, library, building access, and athletic services will be active on your new card within 24 hours, or the Monday following a card replacement on Friday.
Please note that once a replacement TCard has been issued, all previous TCards will be deactivated and cannot be reactivated.
If you are not immediately replacing it:
1) Report it to the Library at 416-978-7694 or visit the circulation desk of any library.
2) If you are a student at the St. George or Mississauga campuses and have a meal plan, then you can deactivate your TCard+ funds using the Online Meal Plan Management System (log in with your UTORid, click Card Services, and then click on Deactivate Card). You can also report the loss to email@example.com or 416-978-1309.
If you are a student at the Scarborough campus and have a meal plan, then you can deactivate your TCard+ funds using the UTSC TCard+ Online Meal Plan Management System (log in with your UTORid, click Lost Card, and then click on Deactivate Card) or call 416-208-2233.
Replacement due to damage:
You are responsible for the care of your TCard. If your card is deemed damaged, you will be required to pay the $20 replacement fee (debit or credit only). Damage can include use of stickers, hole punching, significant wear on the card within a short period of time, damage to the mag stripe or image. A new photo will be taken. Meal plan, library, building access, and athletic services will be active on your new card within 24 hours, or the Monday following a card replacement on Friday.
A few tips on taking care of your TCard:
- Your TCard should be carried in your wallet, or another protective card carrier, away from other cards and vinyl windows.
- The U of T Bookstore carries various protective I.D. lanyards available for purchase.
- Do not carry your TCard in your pocket or in your bag unless it is in a non-vinyl protective case.
If you find a lost TCard:
Bring it to the TCard Services office in the Koffler Student Services building, or send it to the office via campus mail.
TCard Services will then:
- contact the cardholder
- save them from having to pay for a replacement
- eliminate the hassle of transferring cash value from one card to another
- ensure services associated with the card aren’t accessed by someone else
Visit our FAQ’s for additional information.