What is a UTORid?
For students, your UTORid is your digital student credential!
UTORid will use the same name as your JOINid which you received when you submitted an application to U of T but gives you access to more than the JOINid can.
Your UTORid and password provide access to online services including:
- UTmail+, your official U of T student email address
- Course content on Quercus, the online teaching platform at U of T
- Webinars and lecture recordings for some of your courses
- ACORN, University of Toronto’s student information service, for managing your student life
- Library resources, such as online access to article databases and more
- Microsoft365 applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and access to Skype
- WiFi, for those on campus
- Network services for international students — so you can securely access U of T systems like Quercus and BB Collaborate from overseas
For Staff, your UTORid provides access to Employee Self Service and other departmental and institutional services.
Managing your UTORid:
Learn how to get a UTORid.
Learn how to activate your UTORid and who to contact if you need assistance.
Learn how to manage your UTORid password, change your email address and other UTORid account management services.
For UTORid or UTmail+ issues, contact the Help Desk on your campus.
What is a TCard?
Your TCard is your physical identification for academic and on-campus purposes. It includes your photo, UTORid, student number (or personnel number for staff and faculty) and a barcode. It provides access to on-campus services and facilities such as libraries, athletic facilities, exams, meal plans, printing services, and more.
If you are studying remotely or not physically on campus, a TCard is not required.
When can I get my TCard / UTORid?
New students: You can make an appointment to get your UTORid with TCard Services as early as May 1 for Fall classes, December 1 for winter.
Staff, Faculty, Other: Your UTORid and Secret Activation Key can be found on the online services letter provided to you by Human Resources or by your sponsor.