In response to COVID-19 safety protocols and government regulations, there have been a few changes in the way our offices are providing UTORids, TCards, and other services:
- UTORids are given to new students via remote video appointments.
- New and replacement TCards are available to students, staff and faculty on each campus, if a physical card is required. Select the appropriate campus under ‘TCard Services at’ (below), for more information on how to pick up a TCard.
- TCards are only available on the campus with which you are associated with.
- Mask Required: You must wear a non-medical mask or face covering for the entire time you are in University buildings, as per the University’s policy on Non-Medical Masks or Face Coverings.
- UCheck: Complete the mandatory UCheck self-assessment before coming to campus and be prepared to show the result prior to your appointment.
Additional Health & Safety measures at the TCard Office:
- In-office card pick–up is available by appointment only.
- Plexiglass barriers are in place at the front desk, between staff and visitors.
- Additional surface cleaning, and signage to indicate spacing for appropriate physical distancing.
For updates on library services and operations during COVID related restrictions, visit the Library website.
A TCard is not required for curbside pick-up. If you have not picked up your new TCard or lost your TCard, government-issued ID plus proof of registration (e.g. invoice, schedule) will be accepted.
- For access to U of T Library online resources, users require an active UTORid. Until you have been able to activate your UTORid, you can use your library barcode and PIN.
- For access to your library barcode for requesting curb-side pickup, please contact Reader Registration.
- Copying and printing require that you add funds to your TCard, or purchase a Guest card. More information about adding fundsto cards.
- If you are a staff member, faculty member, or librarian who does not have a UTORid but require library access, contact Reader Registration to be issued this information, virtually.
TCard Services at:
St. George Campus Students, in order to activate your UTORid (which is the key to online resources including UTMail+ and library services), you will be required to submit your photo online and set up a remote appointment. For information, visit How to get your First TCard / UTORid. Please Note: Mississauga & Scarborough Campus
TCards are not required if you are studying or working remotely.
Visit the Scarborough TCard-Registrarial website for booking procedures and additional information.
Students, in order to activate your UTORid (which is the key to online resources including UTMail+ and library services), you will be required to submit your photo online and set up a remote appointment.
For information, visit How to get your First TCard / UTORid.
Mississauga & Scarborough Campus