Valid Identification

New students are required to present documentation to confirm 

Legal Status AND validate Identity.

Visit Get Your New TCard to learn about what YOU need to bring to the TCard Office.


The following is a list of identity documents we accept, with a photo that is no more than 5 years old:

  • Passport
  • Canadian Driver’s License
  • Provincial Photo Card
  • Nexus card (belonging to a Canadian Citizen)
  • Certificate of Indian Status issued by the Government of Canada
  • Permanent Resident (PR) Card issued by the Government of Canada
  • Canadian Armed Forces Identification Card

Note: If you are replacing your TCard, you will be required to present valid documentation as listed above.



If you do not have the required documents, you will not be issued a TCard.

All documents must be original. Copies (paper or electronic) will not be accepted.

The photo in your government-issued photo identification card must be no more than 5 years old.

Valid government-issued photo identification must be Canadian, otherwise a passport is required.

The name on the document must be the same as the name in the University’s records systems.  If there has been a name change, a marriage certificate or other documentation supporting the name change, must be provided to your registrar (+ valid photo identification), in advance of visiting the TCard office.