Get Your New TCard

Beginning April 23, 2018, the Mississauga, Scarborough and St. George TCard Services offices will be issuing TCards for new students who are REGISTERED for the Summer 2018 session.

Students who are not yet registered but need to enroll in a course before April 23, can  log into ACORN (by using your JOINid/UTORid).


Check out our short video on the steps to getting your TCard:


 You may obtain your TCard at any one of our three locations. Check out TCard News for dates when you are eligible to pick up your TCard.

   You will need: 

   1.    Student Number or Letter of Admission or your UTOR/JOIN ID

   2.   VALID Government-issued Photo Identification *

  3.   Legal Status documents *  

* The names on this documentation must match the names in your University student records.

In order to obtain a new student TCard, you will be required to present documentation to validate your identity and Legal Status in Canada.

Proof of Legal Status is required in order to begin your studies at the University of Toronto. Please visit Legal Status documents to learn more about what you will need to present to obtain a TCard. Students whose Legal Status documentation does not match their status in the University’s records system will not be issued a TCard and will be directed to their registrar’s office.

For Staff, Faculty, Visitors, and SCS, PGME students, you must present valid identification, along with your personnel number or letter of visitation. If you are unsure of what category you fall under, contact us and we will verify your requirements.

If you are a student with the School of Continuing Studies, then you must request a TCard Permission Letter before you can receive a TCard.



If you do not have the required documents, you will not be issued a TCard.

All documents must be original. Copies (paper or electronic) will not be accepted.

The photo in your government-issued photo identification card must be no more than 5 years old.

Valid government-issued photo identification must be Canadian, otherwise a passport is required.

The name on the document must be the same as the name in the University’s records systems.  If there has been a name change, a marriage certificate or other documentation supporting the name change, must be provided to your registrar (+ valid photo identification), in advance of visiting the TCard office.


If you are replacing your TCard, you are still  required to present valid documentation.